Chemtrol 578 is a liquid, water soluble rust inhibitor for in-process rust protection. Designed as a cost effective replacment for oil based products, chemtrol 578 provides the flexibility to customize the length of protection by varying the water dilution rate. It may be used in spraywashers, dip tanks, or in vibratory or tumbling equipment as in-process or final rinse. Typical applications include powdered metal, stampings, castings, forgins, machined parts, and sintered metals.
Key Performance Benefits:
- Indoor storage protection for powdered metal, carbon steel, cast iron, stainless steels, and some mixed metals
- Economical to use with water dilution ranges from 5 to 25 percent
- The clear protective film can be applied by dip or spray and dries to the touch in 30 min.
- An enviromentally acceptable replacement for oils and solvents
- If necissary, warm alkaline washing removes the protective coating
FOR USE IN INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS ONLY :
Chemtrol 578 is an industrial strength product. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothing. In case of contact, wash affected area with water. Flush eyes with water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, seek prompt medical attention.
Biodegradeable. Does not contain phosphates, heavy metals, or other priority pollutants
ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL WATER ATHORITY FOR MINIMUM DISCHARGE LIMITS
Short term protection : 5 - 10%
Medium term protection : 10 - 15%
Long term protection : 15 - 25%